Profile: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products including books, music, computers, electronics, and numerous other products. The company was founded by Jeffrey P. Bezos in July 1994 and today the company has ballooned into the world’s largest e-commerce company. Amazon is headquartered in Seattle, WA.Amazon also gets major revenue from other businesses including Amazon Web Services, which is the world’s largest seller of cloud computing services. Amazon’s entertainment streaming service also produces its own movies and TV shows, and Amazon Music provides access to millions of songs. Amazon held its initial public offering (IPO) on May 15, 1997. Founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, originally ran it out of his garage, today, Amazon has transformed into one of the largest companies in the world by market value, with a market capitalization of $1.6 trillion (as of July 9, 2020).
Amazon operates through the following business segments:
• North America: This segment includes retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca.
• International: This segment offers retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally-focused websites.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS). This segment involves the global sales of computing, storage, database, and AWS service offerings for start-ups, enterprises, government agencies, and academic institutions.
Top Executives: Jeffrey P. Bezos is the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chairman of the Board. Jeff Wilke is the CEO of Worldwide Consumer andAndy Jassy is CEO of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Top Shareholders: The top individual insider shareholders of Amazon are Jeffrey Bezos, Andrew Jassy, and Jeffrey Blackburn, and the top institutional shareholders are Advisor Group Inc., Vanguard Group Inc., and BlackRock Inc.
• Amazon’s founderJeff Bezosis the company’s biggest shareholder has 55.5 million shares representing 11.1% of outstanding shares.
• Advisor Group Inc. is an institutional brokerage company that offers asset management, investment advisory, and other services. The company owns 35.4 million shares of Amazon stock, or 7.1% of outstanding shares as of March 31, 2020.
• Vanguard Group Inc. owns 33.0 million shares of Amazon or 6.6% of all outstanding shares. Vanguard clients can invest in Amazon stock through the company’s Consumer Discretionary ETF (VCR).
Sales: Amazon reported earnings for its third fiscal quarter of 2020, the revenue up 37% to $96.1 billion, net income of $6.3 billion, and earnings per share of $12.37 (compared to revenue of $70.0 billion, net income of $2.1 billion, and earnings per share of $4.23 in Q3 2019). North American sales were up 39% to $59.4 billion, while international sales grew 37% to $25.2 billion.
If you find any mistake please contact the email@example.com. This article is general in nature. It does not constitute a recommendations to buy and sell any stock, and does not take account of your objectives, or your financial situation & don’t confirm the correctness or verify of any published contents on site. Largecapindia has no position in the stocks mentioned. Largecapindia aim to bring you long term focused research analysis driven by fundamentals.